Nations that survive and succeed are those that are able to face challenges and develop into viable entities. However, failure to respond to the changing global landscape over time may result in a nation fading into obscurity.
Students will understand that ...
- human beings in a civilisation constantly respond and adapt to circumstances posed by other human beings and their environments.
- people in a civilisation respond and adapt to circumstances.
- there are cyclical patterns in the rise and fall of civilisations.
- state entities that survive challenges and succeed to become viable ones are those that are able to adapt to changes in contexts.
- Do human beings shape civilisations or vice versa?
- What are the factors that led to the rise of Venice?
- What are the factors that led to the decline of Venice?
- We must uphold meritocracy and incorruptibility
- No one owes Singapore a living.
- We have confidence in our future.