New nations face political, social and economic challenges to survive and progress in the international community. They need to stay alert and nimble in responding to these challenges. Singapore tries to overcome these challenges through the leadership and common will of its people and by working with other nations.
Students will understand that ...
- civilisations have evolved into nation-states which can be viable or not viable.
- Singapore, which is a new nation, faces multiple challenges.
- What constitutes a stable political entity?
- How can nation-states manage the challenges posed by itself and other nation-states?
- Is there a difference between a nation/ state/ country?
- Do newly formed nation-states share the same type of challenges?
- What were the challenges faced by Singapore as a newly independent state and her approaches to these challenges?
- No one owes Singapore a living.
- We have confidence in our future.