Healthcare systems around the world differ due the different kinds of healthcare policies and philosophies that are adopted by each country. In the context of Singapore, the national healthcare system is built upon ideas of efficiency, accessibility, affordability, quality, cost effectiveness and sustainability. The Singapore healthcare system is regarded as one of the most successful healthcare systems in the world as it is able to meet the increasing challenges of providing health care as a public good to its people.
Students will understand that ...
- humans constantly respond and adapt to circumstances.
- governments are systems with a complex interplay of elements.
- the Singapore government adopts different strategies to manage the challenges of providing healthcare in Singapore.
- What constitutes good governance?
- Should the quest for economic and political advancement outweigh the costs?
- How effective were the strategies for managing healthcare in Singapore?
- No one owes Singapore a living.
- We have confidence in our future.