Globalisation of the world economy presents new challenges and opportunities to nations. Adopting proactive and effective strategies to remain economically viable would help nations develop and progress in an increasingly competitive world economy.
Students will understand that ...
- the world is becoming a 'global village'.
- the effects and outcomes of globalisation are not universally homogeneous.
- the scarcity of resources affect the way national and world economies operate.
- globalisation creates opportunities and challenges for nations.
- there is a need for strategies to increase and sustain the competitiveness of the Singapore economy.
- How does the world become increasingly connected?
- Is globalisation a necessary evil or good?
- What are the driving forces of globalisation?
- What is the impact of globalisation on world economies?
- What are the opportunities and challenges brought about by globalisation?
- What are the strategies adopted by Singapore to survive in a globalising world?
- Singapore is our homeland; this is where we belong.
- No one owes Singapore a living.
- We have confidence in our future.